- Design, develop, refactor, test and maintain new features and improve existing code base using
- Work with UI technologies
- Implement J2EE concepts (RESTful Web services and MVC pattern) using various SDKs
- Develop complex SQL queries and stored procedures using Oracle SQL Developer
- Debug identified system problems submitted via JIRA issues, update and manage requirement
documents using SVN version control tool
- Work with integration frameworks including EDI, JSON, XML, REST, SOAP etc.
- Merge code between different branches and manage revisions using Perforce(P4V)
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- 5+ year Java development
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have the ability to acquire a government security clearance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Expert level in Java programming
- Experience in Computer architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively with a product team
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Certified Security+ or Similar (DoD-8570 IAT Level II certification)
- Experience with Agile product management
ABOUT Bering Straits:
Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) was formed in 1972 as the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) regional Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) for the Bering Strait region, which encompasses the majority of Alaska’s Seward Peninsula and the coastal lands of eastern Norton Sound. This region is perhaps the most culturally diverse area in the state with three Native languages spoken: Siberian Yupik, Central Yup’ik, and Inupiaq. BSNC began with 6,333 original shareholders and owns and manages nearly two million acres of subsurface land selected by 17 village corporations.
BSNC owns more than 20 subsidiaries, offering global logistical and support services. Many of BSNC's subsidiaries are certified under SBA 8(a), HUBZone, DBE and MBE programs. BSNC subsidiaries hold contracts on numerous GSA Schedules and other contract vehicles.