The Infrastructure Security Engineer role is key to ensuring that PSI systems are robust, secure and well designed. The role requires the individual to drive continuous improvement in policy, systems, and tools securing critical data and infrastructure. A PSI Infrastructure Security Engineer is relentless in identifying threats through systems, data, and market trend analysis and working with a complex set of service teams in implementing defence solutions. Additionally, this role involves ensuring that server infrastructure and associated systems of the global business run smoothly and reliably in order to provide a secure and stable platform for business operations. Overall, the Infrastructure Security Engineer ensures that PSI’s systems are designed to best protect the security and integrity of PSI and client data. The role also requires ensuring that PSI systems and solutions are proactively monitored and scanned for vulnerabilities, and that any systems issues are rapidly resolved in order to prevent or minimise disruption to the business operations of PSI or its clients.
There is a strong preference for someone who has experience with infrastructure in a government agency. This opportunity would suit an experienced engineer who is looking to take a leading role in designing and building solutions. This role requires an individual who thrives in a changing environment and who is able to adapt their approach and recommendations to fit. We are looking for an individual who embraces the prospect of being part of a dynamic, growing organisation where they can use their skills and experience to personally make a difference.
- Secure, identify, and remediate security issues in AWS cloud infrastructure and systems.
- Develop and implement a standardized automated patch management process for all data centers and cloud.
- Assist the Incident Responses team with SIEM engineering.
- Provide backup support to the Incident Responses team.
- Analyze and design innovative technologies/services to address complex security issues.
- Conduct risk assessments for legacy and new production instances.
- Participate in design reviews of new infrastructure to ensure adherence with ISO 27001 and SOC 2.
- Participate in the deployment and administration of anti-virus solutions to all corporate servers and endpoints.
- Install, monitor, and administrate e-Mail gateway.
- Identify and remediate electronic security risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training/certification.
- 3+ years of working experience in a hands-on security role performing investigation and remediation.
- 2+ years of working experience with Rapid 7 or an alternate SIEM.
- 2+ years of working experience with Proofpoint, Barracuda E-Mail gateway or similar email gateway.
- 2+ years of working experience with corporate antivirus solutions. CrowdStrike preferred.
- In depth knowledge of implementing of AWS security best practices.
- Familiarity with AWS specific services. (Ex. CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFront.)
- Experience with automating AWS tasks. Terraform preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux environments.
- Proven history of reviewing and implementing security policies.
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of core server technologies and domain configuration and management, including DNS, DHCP, AD and GPO.
- Knowledge of Hypervisors.
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 security/migration/integration.
- Expertise in endpoint management tools. (Ex. SCCM, Ivanti)
- Good understanding of scripting. (Ex. PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Expertise in intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledgeable with disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Detailed knowledge of security standards and best practice.
- The job may require occasional travel to remote sites located globally.
- Some activities may require evening or weekend work to be undertaken in support of the IT network.
- Must be able to obtain TSA, BCP, FAA and CTC Security Clearances.
At PSI, our mission is to help people meet their potential. That is our core purpose, enabling our vision to empower people in their careers and drive organizational success. We achieve this by being the one workforce solutions provider that fuses science, technology and expertise to deliver best-in-class testing, assessment and development products and services.
PSI’s culture is as strong as the people who embody our core values. These include our drive to work together as one team, to be dependable in our pursuit of rigor and excellence, to value people and respect everyone’s talents, to embrace diversity in perspectives and culture, and to think creatively with the willingness to experiment.
Learn more about what we do at: http://www.psionline.com