In this role, you will be responsible for the supporting and developing new features of technology PSI provides to its customers. You will be working closely with the engineering teams to understand what has been developed. Work closely in supporting and developing new features of an existing Java/Spring web based application with a SQL database. Integration with other internal and 3rd party systems. This role is critical to the successful delivery of PSI services and the quality of its products. This role adds significant value to the operation of PSI’s Credentialing business, as this work is crucial for supporting our customers first-hand with a quality service and maintaining our people-focused brand.
This opportunity is ideal for a determined and proactive individual. A talented and creative full stack software developer. This role requires an analytical thinker who is willing to pay significant attention to detail in their work. We’re also looking for someone who seeks progression and embraces the prospect of being part of a growing organization, where they can personally make a difference.
- Managing and executing end-to-end for key technology platforms and be accountable for projects
- Develop enterprise class & scalable web applications
- Enhance and support existing web application functionality which includes new feature development and resolving complex code issues as reported
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, product managers and engineers to build modern, scalable, user friendly and functionally robust web applications in an AGILE environment
- Participate in all aspects of SDLC including analysis, requirements, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Use principles, guidelines and best practices as defined.
- Reviewing and analysing feature requirements
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation
- Researching and embrace new techniques and technology to improve technology
- Experience working with stakeholders to establish acceptance criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 2+ minimum years of relevant work experience
- Experience in core Java, Spring Boot, Node.JS a plus
- Experience with using or designing APIs is a plus
- Experience with REACT or Angular is a plus
- Experience with AWS serverless applications is a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- Experience with accessibility work (specifically WCAG) is a plus
- Comfortable using source control repository such as GIT and task management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments such as AWS a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable learning and applying new technologies to enhance application usability and performance.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and communicate project status accurately.
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
At PSI, our mission is to help people meet their potential. That is our core purpose, enabling our vision to empower people in their careers and drive organizational success. We achieve this by being the one workforce solutions provider that fuses science, technology and expertise to deliver best-in-class testing, assessment and development products and services.
PSI’s culture is as strong as the people who embody our core values. These include our drive to work together as one team, to be dependable in our pursuit of rigor and excellence, to value people and respect everyone’s talents, to embrace diversity in perspectives and culture, and to think creatively with the willingness to experiment.
Learn more about what we do at: http://www.psionline.com