In this role you will be responsible for completing software development activities for both new projects and maintenance work for various enterprise applications. You will also do application support associated with our applications which will address end-user questions and provide end-user training related to application functionality. Candidates should also be able to mentor junior devs and admins who support the core processing system and other applications.
This opportunity is ideal for a determined and proactive individual. A talented and creative full stack software developer. This role requires an analytical thinker who is willing to pay significant attention to detail in their work. We’re also looking for someone who seeks progression and embraces the prospect of being part of a growing organization, where they can personally make a difference.
- Application Development (60%)
- Gather and document business requirements provided by front-line and back-office business units.
- Analyze current system capabilities, processing workflows, and job schedules to determine if a new program or change to an existing module is needed.
- Produce and review the detailed design specifications of other IT staff, outlining what is required to develop or modify computer program.
- Develop new software solutions or modify existing program code to deliver the desired functionality and/or reports.
- Perform Unit, Integration, System, and Regression testing to ensure code quality.
- Initiate the necessary change control steps to implement changes/new modules into production environment.
- Directs and coordinates work of outside contract programming vendors who develop and modify programs to meet business needs.
- Production Support (30%)
- Provide 24x7x365 support when required (including after-hours/weekends).
- Analyze and correct defects/issues and implement fixes into production environment.
- Evaluate, test, and implement scheduled 3rd party vendor software upgrades / releases.
- Interface with 3rd party vendors for technical support (as needed).
- Troubleshoot poorly performing process / tune (if warranted).
- Support the training needs of end users.
- Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
- Participate in annual Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity testing activities.
- Analyze and correct issues identified by internal auditors and/or external examiners.
- Define and/or modify application standards to be used by developers including 3rd party contract programming vendors.
- Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- Ability to work on multiple efforts at the same time and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to interact with end-users
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Financial Services products or services
- Experience with Episys PowerON, RepGEN, or SymFORM programming
- Experience with enterprise imaging systems (e.g. Hyland OnBase)
- Experience with AIX operating systems, X9 check imaging protocol, or document management systems
Wright-Patt Credit Union and myCUmortgage have an outstanding culture and strive to make our member’s experience extraordinary! Every day we work to make Wright-Patt Credit Union and myCUmortgage the best organizations our members have ever experienced – and this goal starts with our outstanding partner-employees. If you’re looking for a workplace with an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, a career with a meaningful environment where you get to “help people through life”, and gives you an opportunity for growth and advancement, Wright-Patt Credit Union and myCUmortgage are looking for you!